Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Virtue Foundation

I found this organization while doing my last blog so I thought I would stick with it. The Virtue Foundation is a "public charitable and nongovernmental organization with special consultive status to the United Nations. The Foundation's mission is to increase awarenes of prevalent global issues, to inspire people to action, and to render humanitarian assistance through healthcare, education, an empowerment initiatives."
They do programs and charities all over the world. A few of their most recent projects and efforts in Africa are The Burundi Healthcare Initiative, and The Child Soldiers Project. As searching through their website I noticed that they rely on a lot of celebrities to help get the word out and campaign for their cause. One video found on youtube is shown below.

No comments: